Moses Ludel’s 4WD Mechanix Magazine – 4WD Mechanix 4×4 Truck and SUV Section
4WD Mechanix 4×4 Truck and SUV Section!
Make this your information source for 4×4 trucks and SUVs, including how-to, repairs, troubleshooting, and upgrades for axles, engines, powertrain, transmissions, lift kits, suspension, chassis, drivelines, traction devices and more. Learn more about accessories, gasoline and diesel engines, trailer towing and technology.
*Click on the “Site Content Directory” Button for a Full Roster of Article Links plus HD Videos!
Table of Contents for 4×4 Truck and SUV Articles!
This is your information source for Dodge and Ram Truck, including how-to, repairs, troubleshooting, and upgrades for axles, engines, powertrain, transmissions, lift kits, suspension, chassis, drivelines, traction devices and more. Learn more about accessories, the Cummins diesel and trailer towing tips.
- How-to: Dodge Ram Truck Maintenance & Repair Shop The Dodge Ram trucks are a mainstay for work and play. Many Jeep owners rely upon their Dodge-Ram truck for hauling a trailer like 4WD Mechanix Magazine’s Cummins-powered Ram 3500 4WD pickup does! In this section, you will find how-to articles, how-to videos, repair details, routine maintenance and rebuilding details that keep a Dodge-Ram truck in top condition. 184.108.40.206/~dev4wdmechanix/How-to-Dodge-Ram-Truck-Maintenance-&-Repair-Shop.html
- How-to: Dodge Ram Truck Oil Change In this how-to article, the routine service of a Dodge or Ram Truck involves an engine oil and oil filter change. The magazine’s 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4WD Cummins Quad-Cab provides a great candidate for the preventive care discussion! 220.127.116.11/~dev4wdmechanix/How-to-Dodge-Ram-Truck-Oil-Change.html
- How-to: Dodge Ram Truck Air Filter & Fuel Filter Service This how-to segment covers the air cleaner and fuel filter needs of Dodge-Ram trucks. Routine service and changing the air and fuel filters will improve performance and extend engine life. Preventive care is always the best approach. Change filters regularly. 18.104.22.168/~dev4wdmechanix/How-to-Dodge-Ram-Truck-Air-Filter-&-Fuel-Filter-Service.html
- How-to: AAM 11.5″ Axle Rebuild Many Dodge and GM trucks have the AAM axles. This illustrated how-to article covers the rebuild and installation of a new ring-and-pinion gear in an AAM 11.5″ axle. See details, specifications and step-by-step instructions for rebuilding this popular AAM axle. 22.214.171.124/~dev4wdmechanix/How-to-AAM-11.5-Axle-Rebuild.html
- How-to: Make an AAM Axle Tool AAM axles use adjuster nuts for the differential carrier preload. These adjusters are notched on the outer ring. The adjusters rotate with a special tool. Here is a how-to on making a tool for this task.
- How-to: Choosing an Axle Gear Ratio The Dodge Ram 3500 makeover included a suspension lift and oversized tires. The new 35″ tires required an axle gear ratio change. This article describes the gear choices and selection of a ratio that will meet the truck’s demands. 126.96.36.199/~dev4wdmechanix/How-to-Choosing-an-Axle-Gear-Ratio.html
- DIY Beam Axle Wheel Alignment & EquipmentAlignment can be accessible to the smaller 4×4 shop, race crew or ‘DIY’ Jeep and 4×4 truck owner! Moses Ludel discusses wheel alignment fundamentals and performs a 4WD beam front axle wheel alignment with affordable FasTrax equipment!188.8.131.52/~dev4wdmechanix/DIY-Beam-Axle-Wheel-Alignment-&-Equipment.html
- Articles: Ram Truck How-to & Upgrades This is your source for Dodge and Ram Truck information and how-to. Repair and upgrades for axles, engine, powertrain, lift kits, suspension, chassis, transmissions and more. Accessories, Q&A and towing advice. 184.108.40.206/~dev4wdmechanix/Articles-Ram-Truck-How-to-&-Upgrades.html
- Ram Trucks: Ultimate Haulers Ram trucks represent a long line of Chrysler commercial use vehicles and haulers. An avid Dodge/Ram truck advocate, Moses Ludel provides details on trailering and hauling your Jeep 4WD to the trailhead! 220.127.116.11/~dev4wdmechanix/Ram-Trucks-Ultimate-Haulers.html
- Outfitting and Loading a Jeep Hauling Trailer Trailering can be a safer, more practical way to move your Jeep trail runner over the highway or interstate. There is trailer safety equipment that enhances trailering and ways to tie-down a Jeep safely. Here, Moses Ludel shares his approach to loading, tying down and toting a vintage CJ-5 over the road! 18.104.22.168/~dev4wdmechanix/Outfitting-and-Loading-a-Jeep-Hauling-Trailer.html
- 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 Major Makeover Our 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4WD pickup has been an asset since new. A Quad-Cab with Cummins diesel, the truck has pulled our Cherokee to Moab and serves as a billboard for the magazine’s logos. When the opportunity emerged to install and test a new Mopar 4″ suspension lift kit package, the stone stock truck seemed ripe for a major makeover. The result led to guest space at the 2011 Lucas Off-Road Expo’s B.F. Goodrich tire display. Witness a stout pickup turn into a show-ready, great handling hauler! 22.214.171.124/~dev4wdmechanix/2005-Dodge-Ram-3500-Major-Makeover.html
- Dodge Ram 3500 Makeover: The Mopar Suspension Lift The desire to install 35″ diameter tires on our Ram 3500 truck required a suspension lift kit. Mopar offers a Mopar Performance 4″ Suspension Lift, just the amount needed for 35″ tires on a 2005 4WD Dodge Ram 3500 pickup. This lift installation starts off the “makeover” of 4WD Mechanix Magazine’s trailer hauler! 126.96.36.199/~dev4wdmechanix/Dodge-Ram-3500-Makeover-The-Mopar-Suspension-Lift.html
- Dodge Ram 3500 Makeover: Wheels and Tires Raising a truck chassis with a suspension lift increases the vehicle’s center of gravity (C.G.) height. One way to restore C.G. is to widen the track width of the wheels and tires. For the 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 makeover, the use of American Eagle Raven wheel rims with the correct B.F. Goodrich tires contributed to safer handling and improved vehicle control.
- Dodge Ram 3500 Makeover: The Bumpers & Winch Assembly Upgrade bumpers were much a part of the 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 makeover. The Warn heavy-duty front bumper features a Warn M12000 winch. For the rear, a step bumper from Buckstop rounded out the truck’s utility and good looks! 188.8.131.52/~dev4wdmechanix/Dodge-Ram-3500-Makeover-The-Bumpers-&-Winch-Assembly.html
- Ultimate Tow Package: Cummins Powered Dodge Ram Moving a 4×4 trail Jeep over long distances can often call for a trailer and tow vehicle. See why our Cummins-powered Dodge Ram 3500 Quad-Cab 4WD turbo-diesel delivers optimal power and fuel efficiency! 184.108.40.206/~dev4wdmechanix/Ultimate-Tow-Package-Cummins-Powered-Dodge-Ram.html
- Ram Truck & Trailering ‘Q & A’ The Ram truck line includes the best trailer haulers in their class. 2500 and 3500 series trucks and the Ram Power Wagon provide an optimal platform for safely towing a Jeep 4WD to the trailhead. In this Q & A section, Moses Ludel answers trailering and Ram truck questions. 220.127.116.11/~dev4wdmechanix/Ram-Truck-&-Trailering-‘Q-&-A’.html
- 4WD Mechanix Chevrolet & GMC 4×4 and SUV Section Make this your information source for Chevrolet, GMC, Yukon, Jimmy, Tahoe, S-truck, Sierra and Silverado trucks, and Suburban 4x4s. Product news, how-to, repairs and upgrades for axles, engine, powertrain, lift kits, suspension, chassis, transmissions and more. Accessories, Q&A and trailer towing advice. 18.104.22.168/~dev4wdmechanix/4WD-Mechanix-Chevrolet-&-GMC-4×4-and-SUV-Section.html
- How-to: Chevrolet and GMC Truck AAM 11.5″ Axle Rebuild GM trucks use AAM axles. This illustrated how-to article covers the rebuild and installation of a new ring-and-pinion gear in an AAM 11.5″ axle. Common in late model Chevrolet and GMC 3/4-ton and one-ton rated trucks, the 11.5″ is a popular design. See details, specifications and step-by-step instructions for rebuilding this popular AAM axle. 22.214.171.124/~dev4wdmechanix/How-to-Chevrolet-and-GMC-Truck-AAM-11.5-Axle-Rebuild.html
- 4WD Mechanix Ford Truck, Bronco and SUV Section This is your information source for Ford F-series, Ranger, Bronco, Explorer, Expedition and other 4×4 Ford trucks. Information, how-to, repairs and upgrades for axles, engine, powertrain, lift kits, suspension, chassis, transmissions and more. Accessories, Q&A and trailer towing advice. 126.96.36.199/~dev4wdmechanix/4WD-Mechanix-Ford-Truck,-Bronco-and-SUV-Section.html
- 4WD Mechanix Toyota 4×4 and SUV Section This is your information source for Toyota 4×4 trucks, Land Cruisers, FJ Cruiser and Toyota SUVs. Information, how-to, repairs and upgrades for axles, engine, powertrain, lift kits, suspension, chassis, transmissions and more. Accessories, Q&A and trailer towing advice. 188.8.131.52/~dev4wdmechanix/4WD-Mechanix-Toyota-4×4-and-SUV-Section.html
- 4WD Mechanix Datsun & Nissan 4×4 and SUV Section This is your information source for Datsun and Nissan 4×4 trucks, Pathfinder, Xterra, Titan pickups and Nissan SUVs. Information, how-to, repairs and upgrades for axles, engine, powertrain, lift kits, suspension, chassis, transmissions and more. Accessories, Q&A and trailer towing advice. 184.108.40.206/~dev4wdmechanix/4WD-Mechanix-Datsun-&-Nissan-4×4-and-SUV-Section.html
Make this magazine your information source for 4×4 trucks and SUVs, including how-to, repairs, troubleshooting and upgrades for axles, engines, powertrain, transmissions, lift kits, suspension, chassis, drivelines, traction devices and more. Find details about upgrades, industry trends, accessories, gasoline and diesel engines, trailer towing and technology.
At the 4WD Mechanix HD Video Network channels, you will find a variety of additional coverage on 4×4 trucks and SUVs, including technology, how-to repairs and leading edge upgrades. The magazine’s header at each page has channel buttons to access the growing HD video playlists! Get your 4×4 truck and SUV information in full-screen HD 1080P video!
For additional discussion, get involved at the 4WD Mechanix ‘Tech & Travel’ Forums! These forums have entire group sections devoted to 4×4 truck and SUV models and their needs. Get your tech questions answered and join like minded owners in pursuit of maximum performance and reliability from their 4×4 Jeep, SUV, truck, OHV and dirt motorcycles!